Looking to redesign your Blackheath home?
One of the best ways to increase the value of your home or to enhance the enjoyment you get from your property is to invest in redesign and redevelopment work. Whether it’s the addition of an extension, a full loft conversion, or a complete remodelling of your home, we can provide you with a professional and quality design service in Blackheath that will help create the home of your dreams.
The experienced and highly talented team of home designers at Bluelime Home Design will work alongside you throughout the process to ensure we turn your requirements into a reality. In fact, from the very first consultation through to project managing the build process, you can rely on Bluelime Home Design to complete the job thoroughly.
We’re proud to work with homeowners and property developers in the Blackheath region, helping them to realise their dreams for their homes. We aim to always deliver the very best advice and support, and help you complete your projects on budget and on time.
How Bluelime Home Design supports you
- Keep to your budget: We understand that you want your property redesign and building work to be as affordable as possible without compromising on quality. That’s why we’ll sit down with you at the beginning of the project to identify the costs associated with the project and work to stay within budget.
- Create the best designs: We’re proud of our talented team of architects and home designers and are confident that they will be able to provide you with the concept and blueprints that are ideal for your needs.
- Secure planning permission: In staying abreast of the latest developments relating to building regulations, and by having great relationships with those in local authorities, we’re able to develop designs that comply with the latest planning permission requirements, saving you the hassle of protracted negotiations.
- Reliable builders: Our work doesn’t end at the design phase. We can help you put the construction work out to tender, assessing the potential suitability of candidates, and ensuring you get the best craftsmanship possible.
- Free consultation: Finally, we provide you with the very best value for money by offering a free consultation for any work. That way, we can accurately assess just how challenging and rewarding any project might be.
House prices in Blackheath
In October 2018, the average price for property in Blackheath was £646,639: £1,010,807 for a detached house; £747,551 for a semi-detached house; £562,990 for a terraced house and £354,888 for a flat. Prices fell by 0.81 per cent in the previous three months.
Find more information on Blackheath house prices got to Zoopla.co.uk
Planning applications in Blackheath
The planning authority for Blackheath is Lewisham Council. If you want to extend or build a new home, you will need to submit a planning application to the council. The fees for this are set by the government:
£206 for an extension
£462 for a new home, or a conversion of another type of building into a home (though nowadays some types of conversion don’t require planning permission).
You can get advice from Lewisham Council on your application before you submit it, to give it a better chance of success. There are also charges for this. For simple extensions and alterations, other than to a listed building or one in a conservation area, you’ll pay £216 for a 20-minute meeting and a written follow-up. For particularly complex extensions and alterations, or those involving a building in a conservation area, it’s £480 for the same service.
For a new home: £600 for a 30-minute meeting and a written follow-up; £360 if you’re just building an annexe. If you’re doing work on a listed building, you’ll pay £456 for written advice, or £654 for a one-hour meeting at the property with a conservation officer, plus a written follow-up.
Directions to us from our Nearest Office
Blackheath homeowners - get in touch
To take the first steps to making your home renovation dreams a reality, get in touch with the team at Bluelime Home Design with offices in Dartford, Erith, Bromley, Bexley, covering the Blackheath area. We’ll be happy to provide a no-obligation home design consultation, as well as advise you on the best course of action to take. Call us today on 01322 521026 or submit an online enquiry form.
Claim Your Guide Below
What you will get in this Home Improvement guide:
- Top tips on how to save money when extending your new home
- Typical costs of each type of build
- Top tips on the pitfalls to be avoided
- Information on what type of extension to go for
- Detail on what will bring you most value
- How to avoid cowboy builders
- Industry secrets you need to know
- All the steps involved in extending your home
- Everything you need to know to create your dream home