Loft Conversion & Internal Conversion
PLANNING AUTHORITY: BROMLEY COUNCIL
A brilliant loft conversion integrating floor to ceiling height windows and internal conversion to create a luxurious open plan Kitchen, office space and bedrooms with French doors.
We designed a fantastic large open plan Kitchen with French doors connecting to the Garden, allowing for maximum daylight into the interior. A new stud wall will provide extra space for an office. Designs were also completed for the Bedrooms facing onto the garden which incorporated Juliet balconies to allow the new inward opening French doors to be completely opened in the summer, allowing out clients a pleasant outlook over the garden. Along with this Bluelime also designed a loft conversion, integrating floor to ceiling height windows and an option for a Velux Cabrio Balcony.
What was included in this home renovation project
- Measured CAD survey
- Concept designs in AutoCAD
- Planning permission application
- Structural Detailing
- Construction drawings including Drainage, Mechanical and Electrical Drawings
- Building Control Application
- Budget Costing
For our clients at 24 Shawfield Park, Bromley we undertook a complete Architectural Design Services comprising of the following Project Brief:
Looking for a South East Architect?
- Demolish existing internal separating wall between kitchen and office to form large, luxurious open plan Kitchen.
- This will provide a fantastic large open plan rectangular space for the already designed Kitchen.
- Form a stud wall with door to the front of the new Kitchen allowing for a smaller office space to the front.
- Close off the existing kitchen/hallway door, allowing access to the new Kitchen Diner via the existing office door.
- Add french doors to rear elevation by removing the current LH window/wall in the existing kitchen maximising natural light in Kitchen/Diner bringing the outside in.
- The rear RH Bedroom could have inward folding french doors and full height side windows flooding the bedroom with natural light and creating a nice outlook over the garden.
- Adding Juliet balconies means that in summer the French doors can be opened right up, again bringing the outside in. Privacy can be maintained with integral blinds.
- Remove the internal dividing wall between the existing bathroom/toilet.
- Remove the existing landing storage cupboards.
- A loft conversion was also discussed.
- This would create an additional Bedroom and Ensuite at second floor level.
- Install Velux roof windows on front roof pitch bringing in more natural light to this front part of the loft and suggest installing Velux Cabrio Balcony to the rear elevation adding air/light/view.
- Ideally the staircase to the new loft rooms would go above the existing staircase/landing and your dedicated Bluelime Designer will give all available options.
- Ideally we would also install a Velux roof window above the loft staircase bringing in natural light and ventilation to this area.
- With a well-designed and properly planned out loft conversion and internal conversion work, the property would increase in value considerably with you now having an extra generous sized Bedroom with potentially one Ensuite and newly designed Master Bathroom, also an open plan Kitchen/Diner which is currently in high demand in the property market.
- Customers approximate overall budget £100,000
Our Closest Bluelime Home Design Office to this project is Bromley
, we also have offices also in Croydon Bexley
, London City