Re-designing Your Tunbridge Wells Home? You'll Need an Architect.
For homeowners in Tunbridge Wells, the opportunity to redesign your home, build an extension, or completely renovate your property provides the chance to not only garner added enjoyment from your home, but also increase its value substantially. With Bluelime Home Design services, you can take advantage of the very best care and attention from a team of experienced architects and design professionals.
We’re proud to support homeowners across the South East with realising their dream of having the perfect home. Working within Royal Tunbridge Wells, we’re able to help you remodel your property into your desired outcome, helping draw up the initial designs, securing the planning permission and regulation compliance, and completing the building works.
Nobody is more important to us than our clients, and ensuring your complete satisfaction with the final result is what motivates us in our work. We will work with you every step of the way and ensure we communicate the key details you need to know before any work is undertaken.
How Bluelime Home Design supports you
- Keeping within budget: Home renovations, whether major or minor, seldom come cheap. As such, we at Bluelime Home Design are only ever 100% transparent with the associated costs of any work we undertake. You tell us your budget, and we’ll tell you what’s achievable, with no nasty surprises further down the line.
- Drawing up the best designs: Working with the talented designers at Bluelime Home Design, you can be confident that any designs and blueprints that are put together will be of the highest standard. In fact, we will work closely with you throughout the process to ensure we’re able to perfectly realise your dream.
- Securing planning approval: The headache of going back and forth with local councils regarding building regulations and such requirements is enough to put many off even considering renovation work. We at Bluelime, however, are knowledgeable about all the latest demands and can remove the hassle of having to liaise with such departments.
- Finding trusted builders: Unsure of who to use to complete the work? We can control the entire process on your behalf, helping find trusted and reliable builders that will complete the job on time, on budget, and to the highest standard.
House Prices in Tunbridge Wells
In October 2018, the average price for property in Tunbridge Wells was £500,436: £861,057 for a detached house; £460,258 for a semi-detached house; £389,875 for a terraced house and £291,668 for a flat. Prices fell by 1.1 per cent in the previous three months.
Find more information on Tunbridge Wells house prices got to Zoopla.co.uk
Planning Applications in Tunbridge Wells
You will need planning permission from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council to build a new home, which means you will need to submit a planning application. The fees for planning applications are set by the government:
£206 for an extension
£462 for a new home, or a conversion of another type of building into a home (though nowadays some types of conversion don’t require planning permission).
You can get advice on your application from the council before you submit it. Tunbridge Wells Borough Council charges for this advice as follows: For alterations and extensions, including to listed buildings it’s £75 for a letter or £100 for a 20-minute meeting followed up by a letter. For new homes, you’ll need to pay £150 for a letter or £200 for a 30-minute meeting followed up by a letter.
Directions to us from our Nearest Office
Tunbridge Wells Homeowners - Get In Touch
When it comes to getting started with any redesign or renovation project, we like to offer homeowners throughout Tunbridge Wells with the opportunity to take advantage of a free, no-obligation home design consultation. We’ll come out to visit your home and discuss your requirements, and take the first steps to helping you create your dream home.
Claim Your Guide Below
What you will get in this Home Improvement guide:
- Top tips on how to save money when extending your new home
- Typical costs of each type of build
- Top tips on the pitfalls to be avoided
- Information on what type of extension to go for
- Detail on what will bring you most value
- How to avoid cowboy builders
- Industry secrets you need to know
- All the steps involved in extending your home
- Everything you need to know to create your dream home