Single Storey Extension
PLANNING AUTHORITY: BEXLEY COUNCILFor our clients at 14 Salisbury Road, Bexley we undertook a complete Architectural Design Service comprising of the following Project Brief:
- Build new single storey extension to LH side of existing snug.
- Suggest going into side garden with extension up to LH side wall of dining room from existing snug outside wall and going full depth of snug.
- Demolish existing snug external side wall to form a large Dining Room.
- This will provide a nice rectangular space for the Dining Room.
- Add doors to rear elevation maximising natural light in Dining Room bringing the outside in
- Close off existing window to the original dining room and form a ground floor WC with storage.
- Remove the existing internal dividing wall between the lounge and dining room and form a new dividing wall further back to enlarge the existing Lounge with the option of pocket doors.
- New pitched roof – In keeping with existing house design, can introduce remote controlled roof windows or fixed glass panels maximising natural light into this area. The ceiling can be vaulted to give a more spacious feel. This is the most popular form of extension roof construction and is pretty much maintenance free, it can have a large overhanging section of roof with LED’s.
- Loft conversion to create new Master Bedroom with Ensuite and Dressing Room at 2nd floor level. With glass French doors and Juliet balcony within a large modern box dormer this will create an amazing outlook over the garden.
- A box dormer to the rear roof pitch which maximises the available full head height floor space. These box dormers are much better than they used to be and can be finished in various colours of wall tiles, horizontal modern wood effect planks or coloured ‘K’ render. All these solutions are pretty much maintenance free and never need to be painted again. We can even install double French doors, with full height side glass panels and Juliet balconies providing more natural light and ventilation to this room and providing an amazing outlook over the garden.
- Install 2 Velux roof windows on front roof pitch bringing in more natural light to this front part of the loft.
- Ideally the staircase to the new loft rooms would go above the existing staircase and your dedicated designer will offer all available options.
- Ideally, we would install a Velux roof window above the loft staircase bringing in natural light and ventilation to this area which can become quite dark due to it being located centrally on the property.
- With a well-designed and properly planned out loft conversion and single storey extension the property would increase in value with there now being a Master Bedroom with En-suite, new ground floor WC, also a usable Dining Room which are all currently in high demand in the property market.Approximate construction budget £70,000 - £75,000 (Excluding Bathroom)